For the first time in the history of the CARO Workshops, we will be having one segment of eight (8) five-minute Lightning Talks and a poster session in the following extended break. Speakers are welcome (but not required) to prepare a poster. Even if they choose not to prepare a poster, they should be available during the poster session to answer follow up questions.
Before you submit a LT, please read the rules:
- Lightning talk speakers are required to register for the conference (e.g., the registration fee is not waived).
- If you have slides, we will be preloading them on a single laptop, and to make sure they look right, we need them as a PDF file. Normally, there is no time for any sort of demo, but if it is prerecorded and gives you enough time to explain it during your allotted 5 minutes we can load that on the presentation laptop.
- There will be no questions taken during the talks. You must be available in the extended break session to answer them then, optionally with a poster (which could be just a collage of the slides.)
- You will have five minutes and only 5 minutes, so your presentation must be on a single point and get to it very quickly. For example look at this award winning lighting talk or some of the talks on TED.
- You need to submit your proposal with the following information: a title, an abstract of less than 250 words, and a bio.
will open on March 29, 2012 and close on
April 15, 2012
May 12, 2012 or until slots fill up
. The selection process for the talks has begun and you can expect notifications after April 16th.